A home is more than just a place to live: it’s the heart of our daily existence. We wake up in them, we sleep in them, we go to work from home, we come home to it every day, and most importantly, we live in them. However, if it’s the heart of our everyday lives, we should ensure that our homes are the healthiest it can be so that we can be the healthiest we can be, too.
Here at the Green Building Group, we think that every building should be a green and healthy building, especially homes. Why? Because green and healthy homes are built to promote good health. All of our homes are LEED certified, which entails that each home provides clean indoor air and incorporates safe building materials to ensure a comfortable home. Using less energy and less water means lower utility bills each month. And in many markets, certified green homes are now selling quicker and for more money than comparable non-green homes.
THE IMPACT OF BUILDINGS ON THE ENVIRONMENT
According to the U.S Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Green Building Council, construction and operation of all buildings in the United States result in the following consumption of resources:
- 72 percent of electricity resources
- 39 percent of total energy used
- 3 billion tons of raw materials annually (40 percent of raw stone, gravel, sand, and steel; 25 percent of virgin wood)
- 17 percent of freshwater flows
As well, construction and operation of all buildings in the United States result in the following generation of waste materials:
- 25-40 percent of municipal solid waste
- 50 percent of CFCs
- 30 percent of CO2 production
Green Building Group strives to design and construct our projects to save energy, water, and other resources and reduce waste and emissions as well as to maintain a safe, healthy, and sustainable environment. We promote green building principles in all of our projects, whether new construction, renovations, or existing buildings.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Thorough site analysis prior to selection and development
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Water conservation
- Responsible stormwater management and landscaping
- Material reduction, recycling, composting and environmentally preferable building materials
- Improved indoor environmental quality
GREEN CONSTRUCTION FROM THE GROUND UP!
Green Building Group provides homeowners with a range of options for constructing energy-efficient homes. We also offer Energy-Star certified home construction option from the ground up.
PEACE OF MIND. THE RESULT OF A HOME THAT’S BUILT BETTER.
With the ENERGY STAR label on your new home, you know that it will deliver.
When ENERGY STAR requirements are applied to new home construction, a well-designed integrated approach that combines tried-and true best practices can create homes with low utility costs and long life spans. With an ENERGY-STAR certified home, you can rest assured it has undergone more inspections and testing than typical homes to ensure that your new home was built to higher standards by our company.
ENDURING QUALITY. BETTER SYSTEMS MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
Purchasing a new home is a big investment, so it’s important to be sure that it’s built to last. Green Building Group will work with you to design the most energy-efficient and sustainable home possible—one that is also healthy, lively, and luxurious. As a green custom homebuilder, that’s what we strive to do for you.
OUR GREEN CONSTRUCTION OFFERINGS INCLUDE:
- A complete Thermal Enclosure System that includes comprehensive air sealing, quality-installed insulation, and high-performance windows, to deliver improved comfort and lower utility bills.
- A high-efficiency Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling System that is designed and installed for optimal performance.
- A comprehensive Water Management System to protect roofs, walls, and foundations from moisture damage.
- Energy-efficient Lighting and Appliances to help keep utility bills low, while providing high-quality performance and longevity.
- Geo-thermal HVAC system — drill deep wells in the ground to use earth’s natural heat for cooling and heating your new home
- Solar Panels – solar energy is pure and clean energy heating to heat house, hot water heater, and more
- Wall-to-Wall Comfort. A better way to live.
Go ahead, give us a call and let’s get started.